If you're not familiar with how our different programs work, I'm going to break them down really easy for you:
The Traditional Program
- You see your mentee once a week for 3-4 hours in the community. You have your choice of doing whatever you want!
- You see your mentee once a week for 1 hour (no more) on school property, during school hours, for the duration of the school year.
- You follow a 7-week program with a group of 6-8 girls, for 1 hour/week for 7 weeks on school property during school hours.
- You follow a 7-week program with a group of 6-8 boys, for 1 hour/week for 7 weeks on school property during school hours.
- You develop your own 7-week program (or follow one of ours, options now are: crafts, sports) with a group of 6-10 boys and girls for 1 hour/week for 7 weeks on school property during school hours.
Pretty basic right? Well what if you're in the ISM Program but you want to spend time with your mentee during the summer?Usually, that would be against our rules, but if you're registered in BOTH the Traditional and ISM Programs, you can see your mentee for the 1 hour during the school year as usual, then you can take them out in the summer, too! This program is great if you've developed a good relationship with your mentee and you want to see them in those summer months or if you just want to take them places off school property!
If this, or any of our programs sounds like it would be a good fit for you, please call our office more information! Cheryl Holmes, Programs Manager, 905-985-3733 ext. 2.
For more information on our programs or our organization, please visit our website here.